What's in store
The store has the usual horticultural supplies from compost to slug pellets all at great prices.
The store is open on Saturday afternoons from 2 till 4 during February to September and on Sunday mornings from 10 till 12 throughout the year.
Onion sets 95p per bag
- Red Baron - "Red Baron" onions are long-day onions, which means they need between 14 and 16 hours of daylight to form bulbs. Long-day onions require planting after the last average frost date for your area because the bulbs form as the days lengthen.
- Sturon - "A popular and reliable onion with excellent flavour and medium-sized bulbs that store well over winter." Source: RHS
- Stuttgarter giant
Potatoes - 40p per pound or 25 Kg bag for £20 - remember to bring a bag
- Swift - Swift is an exceptionally early maturing variety
- Red Duke of York - First early - "This heritage variety is one of the few red-skinned, cream-fleshed earlies. It has a fine flavour and gets quite big"
- Pentland Javelin - First early - "Best used as boiled in salads or as new potatoes"
- Ulster Sceptre - First early - "Ulster Sceptre has high resistance to foliage blight, common scab and powdery scab, whist this variety has many uses in the kitchen including boiling and roasting"
- Wilja - Second early - "is full of flavour and suffers from no major drawbacks"
- Kestrel - "The gardeners' favourite second early variety, producing tubers of consistent size and shape"
- Cara - Maincrop - "'Cara' has excellent disease resistance, including golden eelworm and blight, and withstands drought well."
- Desiree - Maincrop - "The world's most popular red potato, with pale yellow, firm waxy flesh."
The latest Suttons Seed catalogue is now available in the hut. It is also on line at Suttons seeds
Members can get a 35% discount on seeds and a 10% discount on other items either by using a form available in the hut or on line using a code available from the hut.
We would recommend this great deal especially as the Association get an additional percentage of the order.